Monday, July 12, 2010

My Kind of Paradise


"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Jorge Luis Borges

I just finished reading this book and I can't say enough about it. Because of school and other distractions it took me over a year to finish, but there wasn't a moment of reading when I wasn't completely absorbed in the drama, romance, horror and grand philosophy of Rand's masterpiece. If you're in the mood for an incredible (but pretty heavy) read, pick this one up. It will change your life. But hurry! They've started filming for the movie and I'm just not convinced that film can succeed in not ruining the majesty of the book. "Read it before you see it" will always be my philosophy.

2 comments:

Haley said...

wow, britt!
way to go!!
i'm so intimidated...but you just might be inspiring me.
it'll have to follow Anna Karenina (my next giant read) but I'll do it!

The Kimballs said...

Dan is almost done with it and then I want to make the plunge. Can you believe that she wrote this years back?!