Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Zai Jian Zhongguo :(

Holy moly, it's my last day in China!  It's the weirdest feeling.  This morning we got up and cleaned and packed up the rest of our stuff then went into town to get our favorite noodles one last time.  It was so weird walking down the street and riding the bus and going to the bakery just thinking that it would be my last time doing all these things that I have been doing every day for the past five months of my life (or every other day in the bakery's case - this has been quite detrimental to my weight loss plan).  It's kind of a surreal feeling knowing that I will be getting on a bus tomorrow morning and probably never see this place again.  I have so many mixed feelings about it because I have grown to love this place so much, but nothing will ever feel quite like home no matter how much I love it.  This has been an amazing experience and I'm grateful for all the things I have done and learned here.  
Now on to my next adventures!  We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for the Hong Kong airport...where Meighan and I will be the ENTIRE day before we fly to Bangkok.  But such is the life of a backpacker (yes, I am officially donning this title as of tomorrow morning).  Bring on the dirty clothes and twenty hour bus rides I say!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Luck on the road Bits! I felt a pang when I read in your post 'bring on the dirty clothes and the twenty hour bus rides.' I have no idea what thats like but it sounds amazing! Have fun, don't let Mamasita get lost among the little people. Can't wait to hear all your stories. Happy Holidays, love Erin and Ryan