Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm Alive!


Walking down Palm Street to school


Max! He's one of my favs.


Milo...one of my other favs


Clubbing in China in our hot uniforms! Doesn't get any better than this folks.


The floor was not so clean


Ok so I am terrible at this whole blogging business. I really have no excuse for not posting more often because I definitely have the time. The past few weeks we have just been chillin around our apartment and checking out the city...which is sweet! Disco techs, karoke bars and pubs in China are hilarious and such a blast!
We taught a summer camp last week, which went well but was a little bit on the insane side. We teach kids that are anywhere from two to six years old so we are always having to do last minute adjustments to our lessons to cater to the different ages of students we will be teaching that rotation. Things get pretty crazy, but despite the chaos teaching is so fun and the kids are the cutest things I have ever seen. Since our school is just barely opening there are only about 20 kids enrolled right now so at the moment I only have to teach once or twice a week. Sweet! We teach from 8:40 AM to 11:30 AM, have lunch at noon, have Chinese lessons for about an hour and then the rest of the day is ours to do whatever we want. I have plenty of free time to do the many things on my list of things to accomplish while I am here. I have already almost mastered my rubik's cube, done yoga every morning and read half of the Book of Mormon and two novels. We start Chinese classes today so I will be learning the language and studying that a lot. I also bought a guitar yesterday and will be practicing that a lot so I'll be a guitar playin' fool when I get home! So many things to do...and I actually have enough time to do it all. It's awesome.

No comments: