Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shanghai, Beijing and Xi'an


The Shanghai skyline was incredible!!!


Shanghai at night


At Yuyuan gardens in Shanghai


A bus that doubles as a toilet. Only in China.


Tiananmen Square


We have actually been home from vacation for a couple weeks, but I have just been lazy about updating...nothing new there. The whole time I have been here I haven't been planning on going to Beijing because I didn't want to spend the money on it, but at the last minute I decided to go for some reason. Traveling to three major cities within a week combined with the minor detail of it being the Chinese national holiday and the 60th anniversary of the PRC made for an insane trip. We ended up spending a lot more time and money on travel than we had planned on, but the trip was totally worth it in the end. There is just so much to tell about it that I don't even know where to start....so I'm not going to. Pictures will have to do. I love you all!

No comments: