Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sorry about the lack of pictures friends. I would love to post more, but we have been in the middle of a typhoon the past couple of days so the internet connection is really bad and it takes about fifteen minutes to upload each post. The typhoon has been amazing though! Constant rain and wind...something I have been deprived of from living in good old Utah. I'm loving it. Our apartments are AMAZING!!! We are basically living at a resort. It's a gated community where people drive Mercedes and BMWs and there are guards all over the place and we have a huge pool...it's incredible. I can't believe I'm actually here and will be for the next five months! Hopefully when the weather gets better I'll be able to post some pictures of our place. Downtown Zhongshan is awesome as well. There are shops all over the place (name brand stores like Puma and Tommy Hilfiger where you can buy things for like fifteen bucks) so it kind of feels like America, but there are still weird things here and there that remind you that you are in a completely different culture. We are leaving on a week long vacation to Guilin today so I'll update you all on more when I get home.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Oh my goodness girl, you sound...and look might I add...amazing!! I'm so excited for you! Keep the updates a comin', and Bryan says Ni Hao, or however you spell it. Love yu!

Anonymous said...

Hey Good Looking Woman... Its amazing isnt it! It looks like your having so much fun. Drop me an email.

-James H.

Anonymous said...

Britt, I am having SERIOUS withdrawals. So glad you're having fun tho!! Hey guess who's in Beijing working at the Apple Store for the Olympics? Brett Erickson. Cool eh? Love you!
Jessy

Anonymous said...

Britt!! Hey girl, you sound like you are doing so good! I love the pics! Keep having fun, love ya. Chelsey

Anonymous said...

haha I knew you'd eat something crazy over there! I love it. Now you just need to find the other stuff we looked at. oh and you know how we said that a Buddha doll wouldn't be cool enough, I changed my mind. I want that big one so work your magic my dear.